E4 wristband technical specifications
The complete E4 Specifications can be reviewed in our E4 wristband user's manual document.
The E4 has four sensors:
1 2 3 4
- Photoplethysmography sensor (proprietary design)
- Electrodermal activity sensor (proprietary design)
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Optical thermometer*
These sensors are used to produce the following data, available in CSV format though the Empatica Connect dashboard and in real-time via Empatica's mobile APIs:
- Blood volume pulse,@64Hz
- Inter beat interval: time, IBI(time) pair
- Electrodermal activity @4 Hz
- XYZ raw acceleration @32Hz
- Skin temperature @4Hz*
E4 is protected against insertion of fingers and will not be damaged or become unsafe if exposed to vertically or nearly vertically dripping water. (IP Code 22)
* Skin temperature is not representative of the core body temperature and should not be used for clinical decision making.